KIA launches its new logo – Quick ReviewMay 5, 2021
Lead Motor Car company KIA has come up with a New logo which is receiving high criticism from the company’s loyal customer base.
Positives of New Logo
- Modern appeal
- Simplified. Got rid of the cliché oval around the previous wordmark
- Better recall value. Has some character with wordmark as a hand signature
- More scalable. A lot of disproportionate details have been taken off from the letters
Negatives of New Logo
- Unnecessary change of logo
- Ambiguity in design ! In a proper context people would read it correctly as KIA. But new users would not.
- It’s just a 3 letter wordmark, and in those 3 letters, if two letters (IA) look something else (N), then it’s 66% ambiguity in the design! It changes the whole meaning.